Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA loans

I have a 636 TU 04 score and a 620 Beacon score.  I do currently have an unpaid judgement and some unpaid collection accounts.  I am trying to get the judgement company to agree to a pay for vacate but haven't heard back (maybe that's good that they are at least considering it?)  I know I would need to pay off the judgement to qualify would I also need to pay off all the collection accounts?  I am nervous that I won't have the full 3.5% down if I pay them all.  I have been trying for a USDA loan (but they require a 640, and I can't wait much longer (my rental situation is EXPENSIVE and fusterating. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA loans

I should say I work for a bank and they will pay my closing costs for a FHA loan, but not a USDA loan, I would have to fiance that into the loan.

Message 2 of 6
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

I think it is up to the individual lender regarding whether or not you'll be required to pay the unpaid collections. I've heard this go both ways and generally, people say not to pay them unless your LO says you have to because, of course, it will keep more cash in your pocket if you don't pay them. Will you be using your employer bank for your FHA loan? You should probably just start out by asking the lender about their requirements regarding unpaid collections. The only risk is that you do not pay them, you later find out that you have to pay them to close and then you simply do not have enough money. IS there any way you can postpone buying a house a little in order to save a little more so you are confident that you can pay all of the unpaid collections AND have enough for the downpayment, closing, etc?

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do work for a bank, but in the service center.  I don't personally know any mortgage brokers.  I guess I am wondering if they would approve me on the condition that I pay them?  Or would I have to pay them and come back an apply again?  I don't want a ton of inquiries hurting my score either.  Also does anyone know how they handle defered student loans?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no debt (other then the collection accounts) except for defered student loans, which I have several.

Message 5 of 6
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

It should just be a simple condition of final approval... you should not have to re-apply.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.