New Contributor
monkatom

FHA manual underwriting question

Hello I was wondering if anyone with lending experience can help me. I have a mortgage broker who is telling me he will have no problem getting me approved for a FHA loan. Currently my back end ratio will be high as I am unable to claim rental income for a property I own as it has not been six months. He claims he can get me as high as a 56% back end ratio which is too high for me and the loan amount on a 56% ratio is more than I want to borrow. By my calculations my back end ratio would be high though because of the rental income at about 51%. With 85% of the rental income it goes down to 45% which is still high. My broker claims it’s not a problem. I do have a BK and foreclosure and from what I have read that means my file automatically goes to manual underwriting and they have a strict 29/41 rule therefore it would appear I would not be approved for a loan in the amount I would like. Can someone please confirm? Also before I receive the comments I am not biting off more than I can chew. I have run the numbers, tracked expenses for the last 6 months, etc. I also have over 50% equity in my rental property and would not have a problem selling it for over 100K profit if needed.

2/25/09 Transunion-698, Equifax-666
9 Months After BK

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+