Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA question

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

FHA question

I have several lates (none in the the last 9 months).  How much of a down payment will it take to overcome those in manual underwriting?  House we want is for sale and I'm afraid it will be off the market soon.  Thanks in advance. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: FHA question

southernficoaddict wrote:
I have several lates (none in the the last 9 months).  How much of a down payment will it take to overcome those in manual underwriting?  House we want is for sale and I'm afraid it will be off the market soon.  Thanks in advance. 

there is no short answer to that.
why the lates? is that situation under control?
how about assets/reserves after you close(if you can)?

why manual? have you been denied thru automated already?!!?!

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

like i said, no lates for 9 months, they were from being stupid and irresponsible.  Lowest score now is 603.(mid-lowest between the two of us is 616) . Lates in the last 12 months are Sears and our bank.  Successful GW to them would put us both in mid -upper 600's. I'm GWing sears for the second time today and our bank for the first to see if the will help with the tradeline.  We have some money (around 55k) from a timber sale that we haven't touched.  We plan to put around 10% down on a 260k house.  We also have some land and the option to build, but would rather not.  We make pretty good money, around 9000. a month,(gross) we have just been really stupid about our credit.  DTI is about 20% and we have both been on the same job for years.  We have used the same local bank for years (the one with the recent lates) so we are hoping that will go a little ways with the tradeline.  I know that this is rambling, but that is pretty much our situation.  What do you think?

Message Edited by southernficoaddict on 07-11-2008 07:33 AM
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

southernficoaddict wrote:
 What do you think?

Message Edited by southernficoaddict on 07-11-2008 07:33 AM

I think you will be in good shape in 3 months..... if you cannot get approved before.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for answering...  This is all I think about these days. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.