Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA rates - are you KIDDING me???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA rates - are you KIDDING me???

I really do love our LO. He just called - 4:45 on a Friday; I figured it COULDN'T be good news. He was just calling to tell me that we locked in at the best time because rates today are back up at 7.5% at par. Holy frickin cow. I've been wondering the last few days if we could have done better than 6.125% if we had held on...now I'm so glad we didn't.

Message 41 of 46
kumiyer

Going the FHA route... is it also true that apart from the up-front MIP of 1.5%, you cannot cancel the monthly MIP even after the LTV is less than 80% ??

I think I read somewhere while googling that you are stuck with paying the monthly MIP for the life of the loan - just wanted to confirm.

I have a little more than 5% down and have above average credit scores......thinking if I should get a FHA or a conventional loan !!

Also if you get a FHA now, can you refinance down the road with a conventional loan ??

thanks

Message Edited by kumiyer on 10-28-2008 03:12 PM

@kumiyer wrote:

Going the FHA route... is it also true that apart from the up-front MIP of 1.5%, you cannot cancel the monthly MIP even after the LTV is less than 80% ??

I think I read somewhere while googling that you are stuck with paying the monthly MIP for the life of the loan - just wanted to confirm.

I have a little more than 5% down and have above average credit scores......thinking if I should get a FHA or a conventional loan !!

Also if you get a FHA now, can you refinance down the road with a conventional loan ??

thanks

Message Edited by kumiyer on 10-28-2008 03:12 PM

1. The PMI goes away when you pay down to 78%
2. A good loan officer will show you both options, FHA & Conv. 

Retired Lender
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know the current FHA interest rates?
Message 44 of 46
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

check bankrate.com for current rates. They have been right around 5.5%

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 45 of 46
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@WannaHouse wrote:
check bankrate.com for current rates. They have been right around 5.5%
or

check bankrate and add .25%+ for fudging.
*snicker*

Retired Lender
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.