cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA re-fi application has gone to "Audit Central"...what does that mean????

tag
krielly
Established Contributor

FHA re-fi application has gone to "Audit Central"...what does that mean????

Arghhhhhh, had a target closing date of 5/24....then after the underwriter approving the appraisal, the asked for written verification of employment on my  DH. That was faxed Sat. morning.

Tues, they finally rec'd the VOE from the 3rd party provider. Our processor told me she had sent everything to underwriting, and we should be able to set a closing date in the next day or two.....

Today, I call to touch base with the processor, and she was not available. The guy I talked with looked up our application and said "oh, your app has been sent to "Audit Central", and that sometimes that happens with FHA loans. What the heck does that mean?????????? He only said it would take 1-3 days to get it back....

This is so maddening! Does anyone know what Audit Central is??

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA re-fi application has gone to "Audit Central"...what does that mean????

It's a term that this mortgage company made up for their quality control department.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.