Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA refinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA refinance

I had 2 mortgages on my house and in august of 06 I refinanced at 8%, The 1st mortgage was fha.
 now My mortgage is adjusting in sept. of 08. I would like to try to refi with fha again, fico is 680 6 yr bankruptsy removed,no lates in 4 yrs. Is there a waiting period to go through fha again, or as a veteran, try the VA?  I don't know if I Qualify for a conv. mortg. I owe 145K on my house thats valued at about 160K with my fico and past BK and my LTV.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA refinance

You should be OK qualifying for a conventional conforming loan - a 680 score is fine and a BK 6 years ago is a distant memory.  There is no waiting period to refinance into an FHA loan or VA loan.  VA might offer a better payment as there is no monthly mortgage insurance, but it does come with a VA funding fee (unless you are a disabled vet) which conventional conforming loan programs do not.  I'd get with someone who does VA, FHA & conventional conforming loans so you can review all of your options.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.