Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA streamline process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA streamline process

When doing an FHA streamline through your current lender, what info do they pull for approval.. DO they run credit, title, etc all over again? I know they don;t do the income verification or the appraisal or anything, just curious.  My lender approached us about doing one and I am interested (1.5% rate drop) but our credit is worse then because it dropped with the new mortgage and our 2 cards are pretty high utlization right now due to doing some remodeling.  Those should be paid off by summer, but will it affect my a streamline refi chance. 

One other thing came up.  I had a judgement hit recently (although as of last week it was not on the credit report)  We made payment arragnements and it will be poaid in full next week.   But it looks like they had already filed a lien.  Again, it will be paid next week so I should be able to get the lien removed, but I am just curious of the best way to handle all of this.

My current mortgage holder is Taylor Bean and Whitaker, and as stated above, they contacted me about the streamline refi and now I just wanted a little info on it before sending in these 60 pages of signatures....LOL

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: FHA streamline process

I have always heard that you just have to have 12 months of ontime loan payments for FHA streamline refinance
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA streamline process

Can i get a HELOC after a fha streamline refi? My lender wants me to refi for a whole percent less next month. I want to know if I can get a HELOC after that? and how soon? Whats the criteria for obtaning HELOC? Mortgage balance $305000, appraisal at purchase was $312000 in August 2008; improvements should boost to $350000 easy!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.