Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA with Car Repo

tag
hikenc
Valued Member

FHA with Car Repo

We live in TX which is a community property state.  I have been repairing my credit over the last year and should be in a good position to qualify for FHA financing hopefully next year.  Our situation is that I would love to apply with my wife, but she has a car repo from September 2014 that is showing as charged off/repo with a $5040 balance on her reports.  My question is will she be able to qualify for FHA with this still on her reports?  Her DTI is much better than mine and would love for us to apply together.  Her income is $85,000 so that would certainly help us get into a nicer home.  

Thanks in advance for the advice!  

Current Scores: FICO EQ: 608 | FICO TU: 668 | FICO EX: 653
Goal Score: ALL 700+
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: FHA with Car Repo

@hikenc wrote:

We live in TX which is a community property state.  I have been repairing my credit over the last year and should be in a good position to qualify for FHA financing hopefully next year.  Our situation is that I would love to apply with my wife, but she has a car repo from September 2014 that is showing as charged off/repo with a $5040 balance on her reports.  My question is will she be able to qualify for FHA with this still on her reports?  Her DTI is much better than mine and would love for us to apply together.  Her income is $85,000 so that would certainly help us get into a nicer home.  

Thanks in advance for the advice!  

Should be able to qualify if she meets the mortgage lenders other criteria (score, income, debt). Don't go to a big box bank for a mortgage. 

What are her mortgage scores and your mortgage scores? Check the 3B reports here for both of you so you have an accurate idea

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.