Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Discrepencies...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

FICO Discrepencies...

I talked to a banker today about getting pre-qualified, and after pulling my scores, he had much lower numbers than what this website is reporting. Here are the differences:

MyFICO Scores: 675, 651, 660

Scores Banker Pulled: 652, 630, 629

Then of course the ones he pulled for my wife were similarly, much lower.

Do mortgage lenders pull a different version of scores?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Goodness
Regular Contributor

Re: FICO Discrepencies...

from what i have been reading and responses i have gotten, its fico04 mortagage lenders use

EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 2 of 8
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Why don't they settle on a standard. Jeez!

I found a local bank who pulled my scores, and they are in line with the MyFICO scores. I have dealt with them before, so I think I will go with them.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Since THEY lend THEIR money, they can choose whatever "standard" they so desire. Have you vere heard of the "golden" rule? It says that he who has the gold makes the rules. Only lender-pulled scores matter. The others are for entertainment purposes ... and to make a few $$ off the unsuspecting consumers.

Message 4 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

Why don't they settle on a standard. Jeez!   or, rather, why dont myfico sell you a useful score?

I found a local bank who pulled my scores, and they are in line with the MyFICO scores. I have dealt with them before, so I think I will go with them.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 8
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I have talked to a few more lenders, and it appears that none of them use FICO. One flat out said they didn't go by scores. She said they assesed risk by evaluating your history, and that scores did not matter.

Another said they used some type of scoring which, had different high and low numbers for each agency.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually a TRI merged report is pulled.  Information is a "mortgage" pull since that is what you intend to do.  Some banks may only use 1 score as others most likely will use the Mid of three scores pulled.   If you are doing a convetional loan the scores could be a BIG difference in rate/fees.  For a government loan (FHA/VA/USDA) the rates/fees will not be as big of a difference.

Message 7 of 8
godzooki

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.