Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score & Report used by Mortgage Lender

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score & Report used by Mortgage Lender

I have what might be a silly question.  So I know that lenders pull all three reports when making a determination and then take the middle score.  My question is if they use the report associated with the middle score that they use?  My Experian report has one less account (CC), but I believe the score will either be the highest or the middle.  I just know that with the missing CC, it will affect my DTI.   I've asked the CC agency and they are adamant that they report only to EQ and TU.

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO Score & Report used by Mortgage Lender

I'm pretty sure they take all your accounts into consideration in determining your DTI regardless of which score they use.  And even if a loan weren't included on any of your credit reports, I'm pretty sure the loan app asks you to disclose it.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: FICO Score & Report used by Mortgage Lender

@Walt_K wrote:

I'm pretty sure they take all your accounts into consideration in determining your DTI regardless of which score they use.  And even if a loan weren't included on any of your credit reports, I'm pretty sure the loan app asks you to disclose it.

+1.  Your obligations will be tallied based on what is on all of your reports.   For example, if an unpaid collection only shows on one report, and even if it is your lowest score, you'll still likely have to pay it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.