Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scores VS Mortgage Lender Scores

tag
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

FICO Scores VS Mortgage Lender Scores

Hello,

I met with a mortgage lender today and took all 3 of my FICO reports and scores (that I pulled today) for him to review.   My current scores are 599, 600, 609.  He said that mortgage lenders' scores are typically lower than reports that consumers purchase of their own.   Is that true?  If my FICO gave me the above, can his still be lower than FICO?
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Scores VS Mortgage Lender Scores

FICO is FICO - same modeling program used for the ones you get and the ones he gets.  He is probably thinking that you have FAKO scores (many lenders do not want to admit that they are not the sole possesor of FICO scores - makes them feel important).

Get with a different lender who will respect the work you have done and acknowledge that you are not an idiot when it comes to this stuff.
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Scores VS Mortgage Lender Scores

Most lenders don't know much about FICO scoring, they probably think you got them from MyFreeCreditReport.com or something that gives out FAKO's, like Lady_Scarlet was saying.  Let them know you got them from myFICO.com rather than a FAKO score website and that you have your true FICO scores.  If they doubt that myFICO.com gives legit scores tell them to come here and pull their own and then compare with their own system.  You'll run into this issue at a lot of lenders... very few, even big banks like Countrywide's salespeople, know the difference between FICO & FAKO.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.