Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO for home purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO for home purchase

Okay, I think I've been asking the WRONG questions here (at least, I HOPE so!).

We have low FICOs (median is 578, but expected, as re the FICO score simulator, to be up to the mid to high 600s in the next 3-4 months), with recent lates as recent as 3 months ago.

So my question is this (which I think may be a lot simpler than asking "will we be approved with blah, blah and blah on our CRs?"): What is the LOWEST FICO score that will net an automated approval ('cause I know with lates, we'd never get manual)?

FICO sim predicts us at 620 by next month (median), and 670 by September/October.

Will that get us in? Or will we have to wait until we hit the 700 club (which I assume will take much longer, considering the recent lates)?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO for home purchase

Also, and this is probably a mega-dumb question, but does anyone know of ANYONE who still does subprime mortgages? And by that I mean a lender who won't take the lates we have with much weight?
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have seen 580ish get approved automated.

it is just one factor though.

580 with tons of reserves can get approved over 650 and $100 in the bank.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

my mid is 590 and could be close to 620 or more within the next few mths, i'm pretty strong in the other areas, no reserves, and lates within the last 3 mths....think i could get automated???  it's probably a pretty far stretch, but thought i'd ask anyway...
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

moderate score and no reserves wih lates. yes, that is a stretch.
large down payment would cure some or most of that.
without, i dont give it much of a chance.
sorry.
still, it is free to apply

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.