cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO needed for FHA and baddies

tag
Nae82

FICO needed for FHA and baddies

So I am wondering what FICO score lenders are looking for when it comes to a mortgage loan.  I want to build a home from the ground up and I found a builder who has a relationship with Bank of America (you get special perks if you use their preferred financer i.e.. Bof A).  I am sure there are other lenders they use too and I am open to anyone really.

Also, I have 3 bad marks back in 2009, late pays (on an auto loan) and 1 credit card charge off.  How badly will this effect me?

Then I have 3 collection accounts (1 paid, 1 being paid currently and 1 not paid) these are all from 2008 or before.  The one not paid is for almost $4,000 so I am not sure if I would be able to pay that one down as much.

I filed for bankruptcy in October 2006 so it has been almost 7 years since that and everything that was in the bankruptcy has fallen off my record.  The only thing showing is the bankruptcy itself.

Overall, what has been the credit score and baddie experience of people?   Will waiting for my score to go up (but not paying the collections) help?

My ultimate goal of this whole credit gardening is to buy a home.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 589 TransUnion 04/18/2013 Equifax 571 04/23/2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MainMan
Valued Member

Re: FICO needed for FHA and baddies

I would see if you could get some of those collections deleted first off. That alone will boost your score. Maybe the auto loan company might even goodwill the 30 day late. It will be very hard to get a loan for a mid score lower than a 620.
Lender Pull -TU 647-Fico as of 5/5/13, EXP 677-lender pull 3/13/2013 EQ 618-Fico as of 5/5/13
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.