Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score increase

My wife and I are applying for a home loan FHA is there anything I can do to quickly improve my score
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO score increase

FHA home loans are not score driven. Anyone can qualify for FHA as long as you have 3% down payment.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

peloncito79 wrote:
My wife and I are applying for a home loan FHA is there anything I can do to quickly improve my score

While FHA doesn't require a certain score........some lenders are starting to require a certain score.

FHA looks at things such as public records, collections, payment history, debt to income, etc.

You will get lots of advice over on the mortgage thread.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:

peloncito79 wrote:

While FHA doesn't require a certain score........some lenders are starting to require a certain score.

FHA looks at things such as public records, collections, payment history, debt to income, etc.

You will get lots of advice over on the mortgage thread.

Also they require you to be perfect at least 1 year with no BK's on your entire record.  If you had a BK then it is 2 years.

Message Edited by monro411 on 03-13-2008 11:07 AM
Message 4 of 5
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Just talked to a mortgage company today and was told that as long as I have a mid score of 585 -- I could get a 6.5% interest rate. Of course I am still waiting for my credit reports to update, but I have met that requirement.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.