Did you mean: 

FICO scores used for mortgage - and where to obtain them

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO scores used for mortgage - and where to obtain them

@Lemmus wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

That is correct; all of the additional scores are instant-in-time; it's only the FICO 8 baseline scores which will continually update.

...question for Rev ...or anyone who knows ...who calcs the Fico 8 scores provided on the dashboard? ...is it myFico using the CRA data, or is it a CRA provided score based on Fico's algorithms?

...the reason I'm asking is that afaik, myFico only receives limited data from the CRAs (and very different data at that) between 3B updates ...inquiring minds and all that, eh

To my knowledge both the score and the report data come from the bureau (and then the license fee is paid to FICO) identical to what we would get in the lender pull scenario.  This is the case for the 1B and 3B instant in time pulls explicitly.

For the monitoring solutions, that all comes from the bureaus which is why we see such differences between the amount and type of data from the individual ones.  Both the score and the rationale for the score come from the bureaus, and is packaged in the MF interface for our consumption.

        
Message 61 of 121
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...thanks for the quick reply ...scratched my itch, it did Smiley Tongue

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 62 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lender used tir merge my score went up 8 points because I removed a dispute that was a paid collection, Equifax, Trans Union, and Experian removed it all within 24 hoursSmiley Happy I am back on track for my mortgae God willing everything will go well

Message 63 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant tri merge I also checked my FICO and they are write in line 

Message 64 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys i just need some help, i just starting with one of the credit repair (sky blue). and want to have my fico score and report as well.

but my fico product give me 3 option, i don"t know which one should i buy it?

thanks for repons

Message 65 of 121
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Linking this here since EX FICO Risk Model v2 (EX 98) was impacted and I'm still giggling, most likely EQ / TU 04 were not, but for optimizing EX:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Installment-tradeline-utilization-thread/...

Story in short form: if you have a couple installment loans out and you can afford the DTI hit of their being on your reports, don't pay them off, pay them down to some small fraction of their balance before you go through the process.  Possible chance I could've hit north of 735+ on my Experian mortgage score, and with my dirty file, well, damn.

        
Message 66 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my middle score is 613, we are trying to raise it. Would the report likely be higher or lower? Would it be worth paying the fee at this point?
Message 67 of 121
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So my middle score is 613, we are trying to raise it. Would the report likely be higher or lower? Would it be worth paying the fee at this point?

...we need more info ...what does that "middle" score represent and where did you obtain it? fico cc/fico mortgage/fako? ...what are your goals and time line? ...read the sticky "Do I Qualify" and provide as much of the info there as you can, preferably in a new thread ...then we should be able to provide you an answer that applies to your situation ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 68 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iDShaDoW wrote:

Just curious as the ones I get through banks listed in my sig are drastically different from the one a lender pulled - they said mine is 740 but wouldn't give me more information or show me the print out.

These people say that you can get the credit score in that big package that they send you in the mail when you apply for a mortgage loan. I have noticed my score is different with mortgage companies that it is with other types of lenders or on Credit Karma too. Did you check those 100 pages they sent you? My scores were toward the end of it for me and my wife. They didn't tell me what it was over the phone though.

http://www.mortgageloanassist.com/approval.php

Message 69 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi-

I used this site to work on my credit score. When I finally looked at the mortgage scores and reached my coal score, the MyFico score was 2 points lower than what the mortgage cmopany pulled. The other two, TU and EQ were right on the money. 

Message 70 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.