Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: FICO scores used for mortgage - and where to obtain them

...a 660 mid score will get you financed with many, many lenders ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Frequent Contributor

Lemmus wrote:

...a 660 mid score will get you financed with many, many lenders ...hth

Thanks

I'm not sure it's worth pursuing though to get the best rate, which is the main purpose of doing a refi except for a small cash out to pay some college loans.

New Contributor

I checked my experian fico2 score last week and it was 620 but when I tried to get a home I was denied because my experian score is 533. The same score model was used so I don't understand. Is there a difference with the scores on myfico versus what lenders use?
Established Contributor

...more than 90% of mortgage lenders use the fico mortgage scores

...you say that you used the fico 2 which is the experian specific mortgage score ...did you buy a report in order to obtain that ...its not available unless you buy it ...and if you did, when exactly did you buy it?

...did your fico 8 scores drop by by a similar amount? 

...your 620 score indicates that you have existing negatives, it would be unusual for an additional negative to drop your score by ~80 points unless it was something like a tax lien or judgement ...either of those should have resulted in a concomittant drop in the fico 8 score

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Started a new thread. 

Thanks!

GET THE 3B REPORT FROM MY FICO THATS WHERE YOU CAN GET THEM.

Established Contributor

To get the mortgage scores, is it cheaper to get the month service or to order the 3b report.

I assume both have the mortgage scores?

ALLSTAR2 wrote:

GET THE 3B REPORT FROM MY FICO THATS WHERE YOU CAN GET THEM.

EX 786
EQ 777
TU 779

All Chp7, Judgements , CO's now legally clean from scores low 600's just using this forum
Chase Amzn 8.5k , Citi BB 3k, Citi Gdyr 5K, Amzn Store 12k, SallieMae 12k Amex BCE 29k , PenFed Promise 40k@8+% +10k PLOC@10%, NFCU member
Established Contributor

smarzig wrote:

To get the mortgage scores, is it cheaper to get the month service or to order the 3b report.

I assume both have the mortgage scores?

The monthly subscription only includes the full set of scores (including mortgage scores) quarterly (every three months).

The monitoring is FICO 8 only... you'd need to buy additional 3B reports to see updated mortgage scores more frequently.

Which is a real shame - a mortgage score monitoring service would be a great product...

EQ8:821 TU8:823 EX8:825 (MyFico) - 2015-02-14

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.