tag
ChicAndFabulous
Valued Member

Re: FICO scores used for mortgage - and where to obtain them

Message 101 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I have a question is it possible that your Fico Mortgage scores for the 3 credit bureaus on my Fico could be higher then your regular Fico 8 scores on there my husbands mortgage scores according to the 3bearu report are like 50-70 points higher then his regular score. Has anyone seen this happen before. If so please help
Message 102 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is starting to feel like a comedy of errors. My file was never sent to UW! All this came from processing! My LO just emailed and NOW my file is heading to UW. Closing is a week from today! Good lord.

The good news is they're trying to exempt medical collections from being paid because they were supposed to have been billed to my insurance. They also said they're trying to remove the payoff of my dad's gas card. None of these were UW conditions, just things that somehow came from processing.

I'm so confused. I hope UW is quick. Gah.
Message 103 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I did the pre qual, my TU Fico8 was 785.. but my Classic04 or was 735.. BOY I cannot figure our what.

The other 2 mortgage scores were within 10 points of my Fico08. Boy was I surprised.

Any ideas why?

Message 104 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

What 3b average score .. is the top tier for best home insurance rate?

Also.. is there a thread on who to use like Amica or GEico (who I have auto ins with..)?

Message 105 of 121
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What 3b average score .. is the top tier for best home insurance rate? 

Insurance tends to use a whole different set of scores... generally not any of those you see on the 3B report here.

The information factored in includes information from "regular" credit reports, as well as insurance-specific reports from various sources.

For instance TransUnion sells TrueRisk (TU credit data+other insurance data), LexisNexus sells Attract (EQ credit data+LN insurance data), etc...

Ask your agent(s) what models they use - some are available to the public, some are not.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 106 of 121
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

I'm about to close on a new house, and from the time we started until now the MyFico mortgage scores are IDENTICAL to the mortgage score versions being pulled.  I also refi'ed a car during this process to help with my DTI, and when the finance manager told me one of my auto scores, I told him the other two and he looked at me like I was a wizard.

MyFico scores are REAL.

I will post about our journey very soon, but if it wasn't for MyFico, I might have lost my mind.

Message 107 of 121
tjmolly
Regular Contributor

@coachhenson wrote:

I'm about to close on a new house, and from the time we started until now the MyFico mortgage scores are IDENTICAL to the mortgage score versions being pulled.  I also refi'ed a car during this process to help with my DTI, and when the finance manager told me one of my auto scores, I told him the other two and he looked at me like I was a wizard.

MyFico scores are REAL.

I will post about our journey very soon, but if it wasn't for MyFico, I might have lost my mind.

BOOOOM! Just like the commercial.  "What can you do for me? My FICO scores are x, y, z!" Nice.

Message 108 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok gurus - hopefully someone can shed some light on my situation.  My Fico 8 scores are EQ 736, TU 766, and EX 758, however my mortgage scores are horrible in comparison... EQ 669, TU 732, EX 663.  Very frustrating as many of you have shared.  Happy to share more info just let me know what would be helpful.  I'm trying to refi but need the middle score up obviously.  Thanks in advance....

Message 109 of 121
Adidas
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok gurus - hopefully someone can shed some light on my situation.  My Fico 8 scores are EQ 736, TU 766, and EX 758, however my mortgage scores are horrible in comparison... EQ 669, TU 732, EX 663.  Very frustrating as many of you have shared.  Happy to share more info just let me know what would be helpful.  I'm trying to refi but need the middle score up obviously.  Thanks in advance....

Do you know:

Number of Accounts? (total # CCs and other loans)

Average Age of Accounts?

Age of Oldest Account?

What your UTIL is?

How many new HPs have you had in the last year?

Any baddies?

FICO 08:743 EQ Bankcard from Citi, 764 EX from AmEx, 747 TU from Disc all updated 8/2017

Discover It $8,600 Since 08/2014 // AmEx BCE $23,100 Since 10/2015 // Citi DC $7,000 Since 06/2016 // BoA BBR $1,800 Since 11/2016 // US Bank Cash+ $3,000 Since 11/2016
Message 110 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.