Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY A MORTGAGE COMMITTMENT! HAPPY DANCE

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

FINALLY A MORTGAGE COMMITTMENT! HAPPY DANCE

Finally got my mortgage commitment yesturday (it was due) i thought i was going to need an extension since this mortgage company moves like molasse! Anywho i got 7 conditions listed! NONE credit or financial related! whoohoo! Two are Title related, 2 of them are 203k related- it has to be approved by that department which is external and its  been over a week and a half but hopefuly should be back Soon! One is to obtain flood insurance which i already have quoted just need to pay with i get the CTC. One is a internal audit and then the Mortgage company must do the verification of employement within 5 days of closing. My loan officer said i should be good to close next week but then again he said i should be good to close this week last week so i wont hold my breath. But to know i cant control ANY of these conditions and they are pretty standard makes me very happy and hopeful. I am still on edge but i think we are getting close. I wanted a 30 day closing BUT fannie mae (REO property) without me asking put a 45 day closing and unfortunately my mortgage company is using that date as a guideline so i have been getting pushed to the back of the line although i started this process 4/11 and submitted my contract 6/16 BUT it was a redo contract so they really had it 2 weeks prior. My contract actually expires 8/8 so if we dont get it done before next week they BETTER have it done by 8/8. 4 months of being on pins and needles i cant wait for this to be over!

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: FINALLY A MORTGAGE COMMITTMENT! HAPPY DANCE

Congratulations on that major milestone. It is best to expect that quoted turnaround times be taken with a bag of salt. I've been waiting for my clear to close for more than a week and the LO had said it would be done in two days. I think that the whole lending industry is operating at the speed of mollasses rolling down a frozen hill! You are not alone.

Message 2 of 8
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

Congrats! This made me realize yesterday was my commitment date per my contract. My seller never said anything about it and I went to his son birthday party at Chuck e cheese last night! so I asked the mortgage company to be ahead of the game. They said they have been able to write me one since the day it came out of underwriting with the conditional approval. Yay! That makes me feel a little better. 

I guess the lawyer we are using for setllement has been in touch with all 3 mortgage companies involved and all 3 told them that we all loom good to go and there shouldn't be any problems!!! Hearing that also made me feel better. Now if my appraisal would come back today(done Monday) so I don't have to go through the weekend waiting, that would be great!!! 

Hope we all get our C2C soon!!!!! 

Message 3 of 8
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!  I'm so happy for you and you've taught me a new term. Now I know what a mortgage committment letter

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
lesse
Frequent Contributor

YES slow like molasses on on a frozen hill.. thats hilarious Smiley Happy

Yes i have seen some mortgage committments with conditions on them that are related to credit, w-2, paystubs etc. I think my LO waited until all my conditions were cleared except the ones that i cant control to show that i am really good to go

Lender Pull:

Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

I just got mine.... After I posted my seller called me about it. Funny how that works. Anyway mine has 3 things on it. Title search, final underwriting approval, and appraisal and NOV. Easy enough! 

Message 6 of 8
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Yeah!! congrats! ONE Step closer!! this is almost over i can taste it Smiley Very Happy

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Mortgage commitment letter...is this the same as c2c?
Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.