cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY CLOSED!!!!!!! Some advice about your gut......

tag
txbradybunch
Valued Member

FINALLY CLOSED!!!!!!! Some advice about your gut......

So, after a derailing that nearly knocked our home purchase plans off the tracks all together, we finally closed on our dream house in the country this afternoon.

I had a loan approval from a small local bank at terms that I was not happy with back in late March/early April (when the going rate was in the low 3's).  I went shopping for a better mortgage and trusted a lender/broker who was clearly NOT worthy of trust.  I should have known when the rate and terms were sooooo much better...... I should have known when he asked me to back-date forms because he didn't get them to us in the required timeline...... I should have known when the first bait/switch was discovered and suddenly the terms were changed..... I should have known when we had to change the contract the first time because of the lenders bait/switch tactics (could no longer get the 5% seller credit for closing costs I had negotiated in the original contract due to a 3% limit)...... I should have known when we had to change the contract the second time (delay close - and he still had not submitted my loan to underwriting because of the second bait/switch tactic)....... but finally - thanks to my realtor talking some sense into me - I went back to the original lender and they were willing to take on the challenge of getting it done IN A HURRY to meet our second close date and honor our contract with the seller. 

Folks - I changed lenders slightly over a week before close and they got it done!  We bought a new house today!!!  So after nearly having a stroke from blood pressure out of control for weeks...... my humble advice to you: if it sounds too good to be true = IT IS, if the lender/broker asks you to back date any documents because he didn't get them done in time = RUN, HE WON'T GET YOUR LOAN DONE ON TIME EITHER, if your gut tells you something isn't right = IT'S NOT RIGHT - FIND ANOTHER LENDER.   Lesson learned - a bird in the hand is worth MORE THAN two in the bush!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Re: FINALLY CLOSED!!!!!!! Some advice about your gut......

Glad u were able to get things done right in time for your 2nd closing.... congrats on the house

Message 2 of 3
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

Re: FINALLY CLOSED!!!!!!! Some advice about your gut......

txbradybunch, I couldnt agree more!  I switched brokers a week before closing too.  After my first broker made some major mistakes and they were pointed out to me I decided to look elsewhere.  I ended up getting a better deal with much less stress. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.