cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMLA & Mortgage

tag
laxx

FMLA & Mortgage

I have excellent credit, was approved for home purchase yesterday.  I expect to return to work from FMLA September 1st.  I am able to use my sick days keeping my current salary from teaching yesterday was my last paycheck because I am a 10 month employee.

I have signed my letter of intent to return to the classroom in September.  My income to debt ratio is excellent and approved for a mortgage with some contingencies that the underwriter will determine.  My million dollar question, Can the conventional mortgage loan be denied based on FMLA leave that will end soon?  (Male)  Middle retail FICO score 791. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FMLA & Mortgage

No, can't be denied because of that reason.  Well technically you can, but lenders have been fined over using that as a reason to deny, and it's been publicized, so it's very doubtful it'd be an issue.  Most of the time a letter from your employer stating that you are eligible to return to work at your current rate of pay does the trick.  Sometimes even that isn't needed though.

Congrats on your little one.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.