Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREAKING OUT!!! HELP!!!

tag
kingmidas
New Contributor

FREAKING OUT!!! HELP!!!

Here goes the situation.  I keep most of my money in my savings account but when I go to pay bills I transfer enough money to checking to cover the bills as I pay them.   Problem is that last week I paid daycare a check but that day which was a thursday and then on friday, I worked 12 hours 7a-730p and completely forgot to transfer the funds to cover the check which of course cleared friday and I realized friday night at 8 when I got home and checked my bank account. The next day as soon as the bank opened I transferred the funds. This has never happened before, I have never had an overdraft in the 3 years I've had the account and I usually transfer the money before I even pay anyone.  So the check was paid out to the daycare and wasn't returned (thank goodness) but I got hit with an overdraft fee. I am trying to buy a house somewhere between december and april and I need advice on how overdraft can affect the purchase during underwriting.  I know they usually only ask for 2-3 months of bank statements, but I believe on the bank statements at the bottom it has a year to date column for overdraft charges so they would be able to see anyway that sometime I did have and because I have a past history of bad credit I was trying to keep my account statement good just in case I got someone who asked for 6 months worth.  Please any advice is appreciated from all. 

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Re: FREAKING OUT!!! HELP!!!

It probably won't be a big deal, as long as it doesn't happen again. Worst that can happen is that you will need to write a LOE. 

Message 2 of 5
kingmidas
New Contributor

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

It won't be a problem, don't worry. Since it wont be on the statements you use for underwriting, they most likely won't even ask, even if they see it on the Year to Date part. If they do ask, write a short letter summarizing basically what you said here. Not a big deal at all.
Message 4 of 5
kingmidas
New Contributor

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.