Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTHB needing some advice.

tag
welshdan
New Contributor

FTHB needing some advice.

Ok so we have been looking for a house to buy now for 4 to 5 months and haven't found the right one up until now....

Gross Annual Income = $24,182 (can';t count my OT or commission so have to use my hourly pay)

Downpayment = depends = Florida are offering $7500 on bond program for assistance with downpayment + closing costs

$0 debt to my name.

Fico score = 690 (no baddies just short credit history 2 years)

We were pre approved for a mortgate of $87k and today we looked at a foreclosure being offered by Fannie Mae for $98k.

Now then NFCU are offering up to $2.5k credit for fees + closings costs and Fannie mae are offering 3.5% cashback to pay for closing costs also on the house.

Which would free up the majority of the $7500 bond program for downpayment right?

I'm going back to NFCU tomorrow morning to see if I can twist their elbow into giving me the pre qual letter to submit with an offer for around the $96k mark.

The house is in fantastic condition and is a steal at current list price.

My parents can free up cash if needed to get me into the house, I'm just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on my situation and whether I am taking on too much?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: FTHB needing some advice.

You have to live somewhere - you are always paying a mortgage either yours or a landlords - that said only you know what your total numbers look like and what you can survive on after the mortgage. 

Good Luck

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.