Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FWIW - MyFico vs. Lender Pull

tag
ucdcrew
Contributor

FWIW - MyFico vs. Lender Pull

Had a lender pull credit today for mortgage - MyFico scores matched exactly what the lender pulled.  

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FWIW - MyFico vs. Lender Pull

What kind of scores did your lender pulled ? FICO Score 4 ? or Score 2? or Score 5  for mortgage? Or just FICO Score 8?

Message 2 of 8
ucdcrew
Contributor

He pulled 4, 2, and 5 (listed as the All industry - used for mortgage scores on your 3B).  Used the middle score for my prequal.  My bank might be different than yours though.

Message 3 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ucdcrew wrote:

He pulled 4, 2, and 5 (listed as the All industry - used for mortgage scores on your 3B).  Used the middle score for my prequal.  My bank might be different than yours though.

^^^This is normal - it would be the exception for a mortgage lender to not use mortgage scores. I have only heard about it one time and that was on this board. Congrats on your pre-approval...now its time to find a house!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, pretty cool.

Message 5 of 8
ucdcrew
Contributor

This was after his standard, 'they might be lower than you've seen, a lot of people get a shock when we pull real FICO scores."

Message 6 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ucdcrew wrote:

This was after his standard, 'they might be lower than you've seen, a lot of people get a shock when we pull real FICO scores."

Sounds like the LO hasn't heard of MyFICO Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
ucdcrew
Contributor

After verifying all my documentation, he gave me a larger amount on my pre-approval (the last was pre-qualification).  I still don't want to spend more than the lower amount though Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.