executiverecruitergirl

Family Owned Business - Getting Loan

I have another question out there but this is more concise.

Should there be any issue with me getting a loan when I am a w-2 Employee with a business that was recently sold to my family (100% assets are going to be my husbands).

For 5 years, I was w-2 under the former owner (he passed away earlier this year), and I will continue to be w-2 under the family owned business part as well (approx 3 mo under our ownership). I will be the only one on the loan, not my husband. 

Thank you!

bartprequalifies

Re: Family Owned Business - Getting Loan

[ Edited ]

That should not be a problem as long as we can document employment with your W2's and probably a letter of explanation. Mod Cut

executiverecruitergirl

Re: Family Owned Business - Getting Loan

Thanks Bart - I may do just that. 

I did get preapproved with BOA (which was required to go thru the offer process as it was a bank owned property), but I have a feeling if it went through underwriting it would get stuck. We have plenty of funding and I even have $50K in outstanding monies to the new organization. w-2s averaged $150K for past 2 years. I just hope someone can see that I'm good for it but I understand the cause for concern.

Will see if we get accepted on the offer, and will absolutely message you. Thank you for reaching out.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}