Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Rate Hike

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fed Rate Hike

Fed decides against rate hike, and we see an immediate dip in rates. Consensus seems to be that a rate hike is imminent before the end of 2015. Good news for now!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
huck1081
Regular Contributor

Re: Fed Rate Hike

This is good news for now!

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are looking to buy around February, if rates increase in December, how will that effect interest rates in February?
Message 3 of 4
youngcreditcarduser
Established Member

I have actually been doing a lot of research into this because I will be closing on my new build home in March, the fed rates doesn't exactly corrolate to fed rates though they do affect them. Mortgage rates in the 6- 9 month term will be more affected however by inflation forces (higher inflation, higher mortgage rates), how the stock market is doing - more volatile stock market will make investors buy more "safe" investments like mortgage bonds which will keep rates low. So if the fed rates hikes rates in December - I would expect a very small change in rates, slighlty upward, but will have to keep closer eye to the other factors such as inflation and stock market volatility. 

FICO Score: 792
Cards: AMEX Platinum, Citi Forward, Amazon Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards Preffered, Discover IT
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.