cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback needed on getting a foreclosed home.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feedback needed on getting a foreclosed home.

1st post so hello everyone.

Heres my situation. I'm looking to buy a foreclosed home which has more space for my family. The house is priced at $215,000. Its tax value is much higher (don't know if that matters when trying to get a loan). My fiance and I are recovering from loosing our jobs back in 2001. We also had to let some things go in order to go to school. We have both been RN's and at our current job for going on 5 yrs. I have most of out loans in my name and she only has a Sams and Sears card on hers (trying to build her credit) both cards have less than $600 combined on them. Hers our breakdown:

Me- FICO score 670    Income- $45,000

Double wide payment $490

Car #1 payment $600

Car #2 payment $290

Sams Card $70 on it.

Her- FICO Score 650   Income- $45,000

Sams Card $250 on it

Sears Card $300 on it.

D/I gets me but she has nothing really on her since everything is in my name. How should we go about getting a loan since we arent married yet? Who should be the primary mortgage seeker? If it can be her we could get the $8000 tax credit couldnt we, since she would be a 1st time home owner? We can put about $10,000 down. The house we are looking at is listed with Homesteps and they have a Smartbuy coupon but it says it expired January 31st...anyone know if the coupon is still good? On Listingbook they said this:

"Seller may pay up to 3% closing cost on offer accepted by 4/30/10, escrow closed by 6/30/10, but coupon MUST be submitted with origianl offer. Go to www.HomeSteps.com for istructions and coupon under SmartBuy purchase promotion."

Oh on her FICO score it shows that in the 1 month predict FICO score if nothing changes option that her score would be $670-706. Is that thing accurate on predicting future FICO scores? If her score jumps that much then she would be the better option. Is it better to try and get an FHA loan? Any advantage to the house being listed with Homesteps?

Message Edited by wanderlaisilva on 02-11-2010 06:48 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feedback needed on getting a foreclosed home.

Make sure you keep utilization down on her new cards.  I would recommend less than 10% of the available credit limit, with one of the two reporting no balance if possible.  Then be aware that who's on the loan has nothing to do with the tax credit.  Additionally you really need her on the loan as your income wouldn't support the housing payment with the car payments.  After that it doesn't really matter who's primary/co-signer as far as credit and interest rates are concerned.  You'll probably want to go FHA (or USDA if your area/income qualifies), because of the low down payment and scores being not superb, but your loan office can probably run multiple scenarios if you want to be sure.  Good luck!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.