Re: Few Days From Closing - Freaking Out

Old House: Marietta, GA
New House: Hiram, GA
Message 31 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@hornet30064 wrote:
I closed a few hours early! Already started moving in. Amazed how much room I have. I feel like I need to buy more furniture

Congrats hornet!

Yeah, even in my case where I'm effectively doubling my usable space while at the same time giving away the junk stuff I've been using for a while here I can understand that. 

Then talking to my dad last night, he's all, hey I'll be coming out in August... yo, got room, but I hadn't planned on a second bed in my furniture nor subsequent financial adventures, so I can empathize with the desire to fill some stuff out.  I'm OK sitting on the floor for a while if needed, dad, not so much.  Le sigh!

        
Message 32 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@hornet30064 wrote:
I closed a few hours early! Already started moving in. Amazed how much room I have. I feel like I need to buy more furniture

Congrats hornet!

Yeah, even in my case where I'm effectively doubling my usable space while at the same time giving away the junk stuff I've been using for a while here I can understand that. 

Then talking to my dad last night, he's all, hey I'll be coming out in August... yo, got room, but I hadn't planned on a second bed in my furniture nor subsequent financial adventures, so I can empathize with the desire to fill some stuff out.  I'm OK sitting on the floor for a while if needed, dad, not so much.  Le sigh!

Reminds me of what my mother said. I can live with some rooms without furniture but my mom was like 'can you have a queen bed for the guest room so I can use it when I come visit' The woman is tiny yet wants a queen bed, a dresser (there is a huge walk in closet that has shelves) and a TV. Those spolied parents lol. The new house will be more than 2X the size of the current one.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.