Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Days From Closing - Freaking Out

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Few Days From Closing - Freaking Out

We are 9 days from closing and we have not heard a peep. I can attest to hanging out at the beach. That's where we are now. I did have n opportunity to eat shrimp but went with lobster instead. Nothing like fresh seafood to put things in perspective. Best of luck!
Message 11 of 33
hornet30064
Established Member

My closing is Tuesday and still no peep. Already have utilities and movers lined up being so close..
Message 12 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm trying to distract myself and yesterday had a nice lobster benedict.

It's hard not to have things in my control so I would constantly think about it. I come on here to read other stories and try to do more work.

But once in a while i relapse lol

It's like gollum from LOTR..Must have precious !!!

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monday is here. .. back to refreshing email and staring at my phone. ctc should be done today good willing.
Message 14 of 33
hornet30064
Established Member

Considering tomorrow ia closing, hopefully i get the clear to close as well
Message 15 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@hornet30064 wrote:

That's cutting it close. What is outstsanding in your conditions?

Message 16 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

I'm trying to distract myself and yesterday had a nice lobster benedict.

It's hard not to have things in my control so I would constantly think about it. I come on here to read other stories and try to do more work.

But once in a while i relapse lol

It's like gollum from LOTR..Must have precious !!!

Hahaha, so true!  TY for the lol.

Had an interesting psyche experiment this weekend: coach badgering me during a match for no good reason (I know when I don't call a good game and I did righteously on this one) leading to my own irritation such that I completely pushed aside all of the mortgage idiosyncracies that had been bothering me.  After realizing there were things that bother me significantly worse (I find the mortgage process stupid in some places but not offensive unlike said coach) was a cheap method for putting some things into perspective.

People's mileage will vary of course heh.

        
Message 17 of 33
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@hornet30064 wrote:

I'd call the loan officer and ask for a meaningful status update on that clear to close. You should not have to be guessing within 24 hours of your closing. For example, the LO should be able to tell you if the HUD-1 has been approved. Have you seen the preliminary settelement statement [HUD-1] yet? If not, I'd demand to have it in my hands immediately. If they are unable to share that document with you just 24 hrs from closing, then I'd be ver concerned and mad!

Message 18 of 33
hornet30064
Established Member

Just heard back from the mortgage officer. They are working on the HUD-1 as we speak, and once that's done, its officially approved.

Message 19 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@hornet30064 wrote:

Just heard back from the mortgage officer. They are working on the HUD-1 as we speak, and once that's done, its officially approved.

The HUD-1 is critical. Make sure you ge t acopy of it so you can review and match with a GFE. Scan a copy for yourself and underline things you don't understand and ask for clarification. You want to make sure that all questions are answered today.

I'm going to review my HUD-1 and ask questions (i'm a pain like that but better be safe than sorry)

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.