Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions about 1st home loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few questions about 1st home loans

I am in the process of looking to buy my 1st home.  My scores are 786/796/814.  I have no car payment, $70 in payments in other payments, make $50,000 a year, have been at my job for 5 years, and lived in the same residence for 4 years.  The only problem I have is I don't have much for a down payment.  I am looking at a house for $215, 000 with my wife, but her credit is not good, so I would like to do it alone.  Will I qualify for that loan, and how much will closing cost be approx.?  How does 401k figure inot it (I have $35,000).  I was just trying to get an idea before I go sit down with a mortgage person!

Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Few questions about 1st home loans

High Ficos, low payments, no installemnt debt *punching keys on calculator*

okay: at a 36% backend ratio, 6.25% fixed for 30 years --- about $238K purchase price not including any mortgage insurance and taxes - that is w/o factoring in a downpayment.  Add in a down payment % and go from there

GO SEE A LENDER - GET PREAPPROVED EXCEPT FOR APPRAISAL, CONTRACT AND TITLE WORK (which makes you a cash buyer in theory) and GO GET A HOUSE for Christmas.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.