Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fha loan and auto loan charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fha loan and auto loan charge off

Hello I have a question about paying a 5 year old auto loan charge off.. The loan officer is saying we have to pay the lien/collection account and have it settled before we close.. We're in underwriting now for an fha loan. The thing is on our credit reports its showing as a charge off. I thought charge offs were excluded for fha. I kind of want to wait to see what underwriting says before we pay it but the realtor and loan officer keep asking about it and saying it should be taken care of asap. Has anyone else dealt with something like this? Am I screwing myself by not jumping on this now and waiting? Would prefer not to pay an additional 3k before we move if we don't absolutely have to.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fha loan and auto loan charge off

I have been approved for an FHA loan with an auto lease charge off that actually reported twice (same account)- roughly $4,500 each. They did not ask me to pay this off as it was a charge off.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.