Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score Confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Score Confusion

I am rebuilding my credit to buy a home. I was looking at my fico scores, but I just learned that it is best to look at the mortgage lending scores instead. Everyone seems to say differently. I was also told that the most widely used Fico scores are correct. Another question I have is, can I have collections on my credit when I apply for an USDA loan?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico Score Confusion

@ladyphillips wrote:

I am rebuilding my credit to buy a home. I was looking at my fico scores, but I just learned that it is best to look at the mortgage lending scores instead. Everyone seems to say differently. I was also told that the most widely used Fico scores are correct. Another question I have is, can I have collections on my credit when I apply for an USDA loan?

Requested this be moved to the mortgage forum regarding the USDA question; however, regarding FICO scores and mortgage an incredibly specific set of scores are used for mortgages, and every other score really needs to be ignored.  Doing anything else may provide a rude surprise on a mortgage application, where you really want as few surprises as possible in that process Smiley Happy.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-the...

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.