cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score Dropped 18 Pts Because "You've Been Looking For Credit"!!

tag
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Fico Score Dropped 18 Pts Because "You've Been Looking For Credit"!!

Just got an alert that my score has changed.  Logged in and it said my score dropped 18 points because of "You've been looking for credit".  That is BS because we are in the process of buying/building a home and I am specifically NOT looking for credit and haven't been for the past 2-3 months until we close on the house.  We already have a lender so if it is other lenders doing inquiries....WHY?!!  Won't be able to pull a fresh report until later on this week to see if there are actually any inquiries, but I haven't received any alerts which I usually do.  What gives?!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico Score Dropped 18 Pts Because "You've Been Looking For Credit"!!

I would pull your report and see if anything has changed.

Message 2 of 6
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

I did pull it today and it only shows the initial Credco inquiry on all 3 for 21 August....over a month ago.  My 3 scores have gone up since then, but my Fico has dropped.

Message 3 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Where did you get this alert from?  What do you mean your 3 scores have gone up since then, but your FICO has dropped?  Which source has your score going up and which source has your score dropping?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

USAA Credit Monitoring has scores increasing.  MyFICO has its score dropping.  Alert was from MyFICO.

Message 5 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

USAA Credit Monitoring has scores increasing.  MyFICO has its score dropping.  Alert was from MyFICO.

The scorewatch alerts are not great at giving you the reason for the change.  Did anything else change on your report, e.g., difference in utilization?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.