Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Score question

hello all, Iam sure this is a redundant question however i dont know how to search so let me ask, are the scores i pull from Transunions website the same as the scores my mortgage lender pulled? I pulled all three scores from transunion.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Fico Score question

You have to see if it says something about being for educational purposes or if it specifically says "FICO" score. AFAIK, there's no place to buy a true Experian score.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hello all, Iam sure this is a redundant question however i dont know how to search so let me ask, are the scores i pull from Transunions website the same as the scores my mortgage lender pulled? I pulled all three scores from transunion.

No, if you pulled the scores from Transunion, they are all fake scores (FAKOs). The only place online you can get a true credit score is MyFico.com which will give you an Equifax score that will match what a lender will pull. The Transunion score it will give you is a real score but still different than what a lender will pull because of a different model used. You can't get a true Experian score anywhere online, only through a lender or creditor when applying for a credit card.

Message 3 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, Right. myfico uses TU98 and most lenders pull TU04. The scores you pulled from Transunion are FAKO scores. Unfortunately, 90% of lenders don't use them.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

It's not so much that those companies prey on our ignorance as consumers really need to know/understand what they're paying for.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

My FAKO scores are way off. And it actually had me feeling like my score would never improve. My FAKO scores are in the mid 600's but two of my fico scores are in the low 700's. those FAKO scores had me paranoid when I was waiting for approval on a car lease in Nov. When the dealer pulled a 724 and gave me tier 1 financing, I knew something was up and I went to myfico.com and signed up for score watch, pulled my scores, and they were in the 700's. I was hesitating on applying for new credit because the FAKO guys said my score was 650 when my REAL score was 718...big difference! Those FAKO guys had me waiting to apply for credit and the only reason I stopped waiting on my FAKO score was because I needed credit. My car broke down at 100K miles and needed $2500 in repairs. So I looked for a new vehicle and that is when I realized those other sites were lying to me! Don't become a victim of a FAKO score like I was. I watched only FAKO scores for years.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My EQ Fako is in the 500s, my EQ Fico is in the upper 600s.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.