Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ficos in low 6's

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Ficos in low 6's

What is the fastest way to bring up a score to over 620?

I am border line for the approval.

My broker said I need to pay off my credit card which only brought up my score 10 points.

my Fico is at 604 now.

I still have an 80.00 balance on my CC will that help?

Also, I I had a 2 yr old collection deleted..

I am forcing child support to update the past year and a half of payments on my credit report, but the report does not reflect that. .  however I do have proof of payments on their letterhead and if they called the child support agency would say yes it is being paid.  Can this be adjusted to get me approved?

Someone?

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Jessierjohns
Established Member

Re: Ficos in low 6's

Hi, maybe you can do a Rapid Rescore with the updated child support payments. Ask your broker about it. 

Message 2 of 16
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Yep, I know this is not a guessing game but I really wonder how much my score would improve, if it would be enough:

1.5 year on time payment with child support collection;

one negative 2 year old collection removed;

credit card paid down to 80.00 that had a 247 balance.

I am praying.  So tired of paying someone elses rent.

Starting Score:

Message 3 of 16
igids1
Regular Contributor

Well....how  many credit cards do you have? How many have balances? For maximum fico points, it is recommended to have 1 card report about 5-9% util, and the rest report $0. How many inquiries do you have, how recent are they? Do you have any other collections? Have you checked your score since that collection was deleted? Do you have any past due balances? What other negatives do you have.

Message 4 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The trip thru the 600s is quick.

You should be able to get to the upper 600s in less then a year. How many CCs do you have.

Message 5 of 16
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

OKay here is what I have and I need to be able to do this by July because my lease is up.

Right now my ficos are this

TU 604

EX 604

EQ is 592

My actual scores are TU 646/ EX 622 and EQ 592

One charge off over 5 years GMfinancial - still shows balance I dont know how to get it to a zero balance.

one forclosure over 6 years  Ocwen Loans

One child support collection that really isnt collection but they wont update it so I had to go to the beauro of protection of consumer finance because  my credit report does not reflect a year and a half of payments and also reports the incorrect balance.  The balance is now around 2500.00.  This is also open with an attorney to see if I have a legal case and can  force them to fix it.  Obviously the fair credit reporting act sect 623 says they must report accurate information and there is a 1000 violation for each incorrect entry.  This is stopping me right now from getting the loan.

3 current accounts

1 personal loan Local Credit union -  Not reporting though.

1 car loan  Credit Acceptance

1 credit card  First Premier

I need another  credit card but I decided to go drapping without the beer, and ended up with 9 entries.  Smiley Sad

Fst Premie  6/2012$247Pays account as agreedNoDetails
MortgageOcwenloans XXXXX17053/2007$0120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
MortgageBk Of Amer  8/2003$0Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherHsbc/Tax  1/2007$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Student/Education LoanBrz/Glelsi XXXXX50864/1998$0120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherGmfnancial XXXXX81846/2007$9,430Bad debt/collectionNoDetails
OtherOdhssummit  6/2011$3,053120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherGmfnancial XXXXX82417/2000$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
OtherEagle014  10/2006$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
OtherCitifinanc XXXXXXXXXXXX65813/2002$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Vehicle LoanCreditacpt  5/2012$12,747Pays account as agreedNoDetails

Starting Score:

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious to know if the 646 TU score was from a lender pull and if the 604 TU was from this site?

Message 7 of 16
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

my TU score was directly from Transunion.

My lender pulled my scores, in a tri-merge it showed up very close to the score here so I believe these scores are very close to a real fico score but I think they used crexpert or whatever.  That is the same score that identityguard uses. When the lender pulled my credit  it It matched an older score of 599 (In october)  but they pulled it in November.  My fico improved to 604  on here, but TU shows 646.  

At the end of this month one of the collections will be gone and if everything goes well Child Support will be forced to update my last month and a half payments.

I am going to be working on CSD collections now, and I dont know why they will not respond.  Neither will the original creditor.

Is there any way to get the charge off "off" of the credit report or does it have to fall off?

Starting Score:

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Gmfnancial paid?  If paid, I don't think it should be showing a balance.

I'm no expert my any means... But I know that I was able to get a paid charge off deleted entirely from my credit reports by sending GW's.

The only other suggestion I have is that if you only have the one credit card with the 80.00 balance... Try to pay it down a little more.  I got my biggest bump when I paid mine down to 9%

Seems like we are on the same page score wise and both trying to get a mortgage soon.... I wish you the best of luck!

Message 9 of 16
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Jess!  I wish you the same! 

The charge off is not paid but they put the full price of the vehicle on there.  Not the amount owed after the sale.  I disputed it for the balance and it comes back verified but noone will show me their MOV which I have asked for from all three CRA.  I got Zip!

Smiley Sad

my loan will help I hope it will be another TL of a 500.00 loan paid off, I should have gone with the secured card like shogun mentioned but I forgot that BOA had one that eventually turn into a regular card.  Smiley Sad

Starting Score:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.