July 17, 2008 Fac-Scm

July 12, 2008 Gemb/Walma

July 8, 2008 Credstar

May 13, 2008 Gemb

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fighting for every point (FICO)

I would not recommend disputing at this point in time.  Lenders don't like to see disputes.  Plus most inquiries are legitimate and it's not right to dispute accurate information.

I would make sure one credit card is reporting no balance and the other credit card is reporting no more than 9% of the limit.  Since there isn't much you can do about your mother's card, just make sure yours reports zero balance.  I would think the 10 years of history is helping more than the utilization is hurting so as long as the history is good, don't touch that one.  Then I would send goodwill letters to the creditors with the lates, asking them to remove the lates.  Definitely work the HIPAA process on the medical collections.  Good luck!  You'll be there in no time.

Message Edited by rmily on 04-17-2009 06:59 AM
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of today TU 632, EX 666, EQ 618
Message 13 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, I advised them to stay away from the HIPAA process since they only need two FICO points. Clearly, once her over-the-limit CC reports new util well below 10%, her scores should improve quite a bit. Its a bad idea to start the HIPAA process if you plan on apping for anything.
Message 14 of 20
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

YEA!!!! You have a 632 midscore now!!  You did it!

Now go back to your lender and get the ball rolling!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 04-17-2009 11:20 PM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 15 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, Yondarea!!!!!!! Once you close on your home, then we can go to work on your med collections without worrying about your house, if you want.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So check it out,

I call the lender and tell him my middle score is 632 right? So he says he sent in a rapid rescore last week and still hasn't heard back from them. 

I tell him so what I don't need him to hear back from the rapid rescore people anymore, I checked my FICO today from myfico.com and my mid score is now 632. He says he really needs to wait for the rapid rescore to get back to him before he sends it to underwriting to get me a pre approval letter.

Is it possible I have someone who is just really green behind the ears because that just doesnt make sense to me. 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did a rapid rescore in the last month or so.  Once I sent the info into my LO it took a little over one week to get my new score.  The LO worked with a vender who contacted the bureaus.  It took a few days for the bureaus to update, but once they did they let the vendor know.  The vendor called my LO and gave the greenlight to pull a new report.  She did and viola - they were all over 620.  It does take longer if you have a lot of trade lines being updated.  We had 5 and like I said, it was a little over a week.

Its likely that at least some of the info has been updated so your score increased.  You should peruse your report to see what has and what has not updated.  If its all updated and your LO is still dragging his feet I would consider going elsewhere.  Be mindful though that rapid rescore isn't free.  Ours is being included in the closing costs, but if you go elsewhere you may get charged by this guy.  I don't really know how that would work. 

Good luck!!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your LO is telling the truth.  They can not proceed based ona  copy of a report obtained by you.  If they have started the process for a rapid rescore, they will have to wait to go by that.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok two things......

EQ 604, EX 641, TU 664

DU through FHA was approved yayayay 

secondly, 

The offer on the short sale I submitted on saturday received a counter offer from the lender and I have sent my response looks like we may have a contract.....wish me luck!

After we have the contract solid then it will be time to get it closed. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.