Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sent to Underwriting

tag
SCTeach28
Valued Member

File Sent to Underwriting

My file will be sent to the underwriting tomorrow.  My LO says she doesn't see any reason why I would not be approved, but I am so nervous.  She told me that I would have my decision by mid to late next week.  I don't know what I am going to do for the next week to stay sane.  My LO also told me to start looking for homeowners insurance, did you start looking before your final approval or did you wait until your final approval came back? 

Please send good luck my way.....I will update once I hear anything. 

Credit Scores:  TU: 637 (LO)  EX: 621 (LO)  EQ: 627 (LO)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: File Sent to Underwriting

Congrats on make this far! I am in the same boat as you. My file is currently in underwriting and should be hearing back any day now (Fingers crossed). I was actually instructed to start looking for homeowner's insurance before I actually had my file sent to underwriting. The processor wanted to communicate with them. However, I think this may be specific with the lender that I am currently using. Good Luck!!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to us all. My loan is is underwriting as well. My loan officer says that he sees no issues with me getting my loan. Of course they can't be 100% certain of that so I'm as nervous as I know the two of you are. Let's just be as calm as we possibly can be for at least the next week. Hopefully we'll have positive outcomes!

Message 3 of 5
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Go shop for homeowners and have everything in place for the final approval. It will save time later. The insurance company will send a binder to the lender. Then, when the final approval comes in, you'll be good to go for closing.

Message 4 of 5
SCTeach28
Valued Member

On Wednesday, I got an e-mail for the loan processor stating that she has been unable to get in contact with anyone from my employers' HR department.  She stated she had called and left several messages and faxed my verificiation of employment form over twice, but after more than a week she has not heard anything.  I work in a very small school district.  I called up to the district office and spoke with the HR director.  She said she had not seen or heard anything, but she would check on it right away.  Her secretary had received the messages and the form, but just did not have her sign it and didn't return any of the phone calls.  I hate getting others in trouble, but her lack of work delayed my file from going to underwriting by an entire week.  So, I was thinking I would know something by this past week................I now have to wait another entire week.........UGH! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.