cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File sent to underwriters - so nervous!

tag
cpayne

File sent to underwriters - so nervous!

After a summer of getting our credit score up by paying down balances and getting collections deleted, we finally made an offer on a home in October with a closing date of November 14th.  It has been the most stressful process.  If all one was dealing with was the home-buying adventure, that would be stressful enough.   But there are jobs, and families and emergencies.  Anyway, I am having trouble believing that we are close.  I have read the horror stories but also many more success stories and I hope I can soon say we are one of those.  The loan processor said she should have an answer by Friday.  I am biting my nails until then.  Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum.  I have learned a lot here and always direct anyone here if they have questions about their credit score.  Wish us luck!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cpayne

Re: File sent to underwriters - so nervous!

Our file was sent to the underwriter this morning and I got word that we were approved this afternoon. I didn't expect to hear so soon. 

Message 2 of 5
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

That is excellent news!
Message 3 of 5
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! My file was sent to the underwriter for final review yesterday. I am really hoping that I hear something within the next few days. I know im going to miss my Nov. 11 closing date but Im still hoping to close sometime next week. 

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
cpayne

I am sending postive thoughts your way.  I hope you hear soon.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.