Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final approval question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final approval question

We're doing a VA loan for a new construction. We were fully approved through a VA underwriter in May and are scheduled to close August 26 at 9:00am.

So now they got the appraisal back and contacted our insurance agent for the homeowners insurance info. I checked in with the loan processor just to follow up and she said she is waiting on one more thing before submitting our file back to the underwriter for "final approval". Is this really for the "clear to close" and they just call it final approval? I'm just nervous because I thought we were done with approvals and just waiting for the house to be done! So of course I'm going to worry about this now.

I hate the mortgage process!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Final approval question

@Anonymous wrote:
We're doing a VA loan for a new construction. We were fully approved through a VA underwriter in May and are scheduled to close August 26 at 9:00am.

So now they got the appraisal back and contacted our insurance agent for the homeowners insurance info. I checked in with the loan processor just to follow up and she said she is waiting on one more thing before submitting our file back to the underwriter for "final approval". Is this really for the "clear to close" and they just call it final approval?  yep  I'm just nervous because I thought we were done with approvals and just waiting for the house to be done! So of course I'm going to worry about this now.

I hate the mortgage process!

they likely asked for recent paystubs since the other approval from may has expired documents in the file(like recent paystubs).....  

you have the term final approval(loan approval).... but clear to close(property conditions also cleared) is an indication  that they think there will be no problems from here on out and that they can now order docs to be drawn for closing.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Final approval question

Ok. So I'll stop worrying then! They did ask for paystubs and bank statements. I can't wait until after closing so I can live a normal life again!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.