Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final audit and dispute comment

tag
BCullum
New Contributor

Final audit and dispute comment

I disputed an account 4 months ago prior to the mortgage process, exp and eq both removed it. Transunion however did not and left it on my report. It looks like on the 2nd they updated it with the "consumr disputed account" in the comment section after the dispute was over with. The total on that account was 152 dollars from back in 2008. They are doing the final audit on my mortgage prior to closing and just pulled my credit again. They used my exp report as my mid score which doesnt have this account listed on it. Should this be something I should worry about, or do you think it wont matter?

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Re: Final audit and dispute comment

Well, we are going through the same lender and I just had a similar scenario.  They did a rapid rescore for us before first approval for one of my husband's accounts.  A few weeks later the student loan company added a "dispute resolved - consumer disagrees" comment.  So annoying, we never disputed anything, just gw'ed the heck out of them.  LO told me to ask them to remove the dispute comments.  They asked us to fax/send in a signed letter asking that the dispute comment be removed in 5=7 days.  I did all that and the comments still remain.  We are not closing until April, but LO decided to go ahead and pull credit again now in case we need to do another rescore to get the comments off or whatever.  She did this yesterday, and emailed me late in the day saying the comment is there but she still got an approval (I am assuming through DU?).  She sucks at communicating details so that is all I know...  I am sure we are not out of the woods yet but she seems to be confident we do not need to start the whole rescore process again, so yay for that!

Message 2 of 7
BCullum
New Contributor

My LO said not to worry about it, hes not going to raise any flags for it. He will hear back today if the final audit is good to go.

Message 3 of 7
igids1
Regular Contributor

So you can get a pre approval with dispute comments?

Message 4 of 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@igids1 wrote:

Technically you can get a pre-approval, pre-qualification, from anyone. That in no way shape or form is a guarantee you will be approved.

There are pre-approvals that are done through UW for a review and those do hold much more weight for approval.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@igids1 wrote:

i have done it... but i am being more cautious these days.

recently i had a guy remove dispute comments and the score dropped.... the bureaus never coded the items as resolved.... they were still in dispute and excluded from fico scoring.

they were 180 days old.

doh!

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
BCullum
New Contributor

What about in my situation, where only one report is showing it (TU) and the report they used as my mid score is EX? They already faxed me loan docs, and 48 hours have passed since they pulled my credit again...so im not as worried about it. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.