Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Closed On House- Keys In Hand!!

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Finally Closed On House- Keys In Hand!!

When I came to myFICO just over two months ago, I was stressing over my credit.  Thinking there was no way I would ever get approved for a car more less a house.  After spending a lot of time reading the posts (80 Hours logged in, probably triple that not logged in) I found that I am not the only one in the same boat.  I want from feeling like an idiot to now feeling confident about my future with credit.

When I joined two months ago all I had was one BoA card ($1000 CL) and an Orchard card ($2000 CL).  Now I was able to JCP, Wal-Mart, Best Buy Mastercard, and also two more BoA cards (totaling $22,000).

Best of all.....I closed on my house today!  I went from not even looking because I figured I would have no chance to now owning a house.  My money will now go into my house as an investment instead of throwing it all away on rent.  I am so excited.  Yes it was a FHA, but who kills.  Got a good interest rate and a major turning point in my life.

THANK YOU to everyone that has helped me with questions.  Many of you have helped me and do not even know.  I look forward to returning the favor to others.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Closed On House- Keys In Hand!!

Congrats!!!!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! What a great feeling that must be! I'll get my keys on June 18th (Fingers crossed!!)
Message 3 of 16
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Congratulations!!
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! 

How long did the process take from when you were pre approved till now?
Message 5 of 16
nicemann
Established Contributor

Well once I find the house it took no time.  What took the longest is I was buying a foreclosure and the bank I was buying it from dragged their feet on everything.  Took a week to accept the offer.  Took about two weeks to agree to replace the AC unit after it got stolen.  Took a week to sign the papers after everything else was done.  Other then that it went very smooth.  Even got approved today for a Chase Rewards Visa with a CL of $3000 eventhough I had a charge off with them back in 2002.  They were still willing to give me a chance.  Been a great day for me.  Smiley Tongue

MisseyElliott wrote:
Congrats!!!! 

How long did the process take from when you were pre approved till now?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like some more details on your foreclosed home.  I am also looking at purchasing a bank owned property.  It is currently listed at 155,000 and I wanted to offer 140,000 since it has storm damage and interior damage.  I got quotes from a variety of different companies for the repairs.

Total repair cost $35,000 interior and exterior.

How bad did they fight the air conditioner.  I'm concerned they will try to keep knocking me up on my offer or throw it out all together.

House has been bank owned and on the market for 227 days with one offer that was pulled 2 months ago.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Kelly
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG, nicemann!! Tell us about your new home!
Message 8 of 16
New Contributor

Congrats!  I know how you feel.  We come on these boards feeling unworthy, then the info here empowers us, and now we are homeowners!   Woo hoo!

FICOs
04/08/08 TU 761 EQ 740 EX 756
Closed on my first mortgage on 4/25/2008!!!
05/18/08 TU 771 EQ 740 EX 756
08/18/08 TU 749 EQ776 EX 768
I never have real credit card debt, just the 1-9% for reporting purposes!!!
Message 9 of 16
nicemann
Established Contributor

Well my repairs were easy to talk them into.  FHA will not approve the loan in AZ without a working AC.  Also there is no way they would be able to sell it to anyone without it being fixed first.

dork wrote:
I would like some more details on your foreclosed home.  I am also looking at purchasing a bank owned property.  It is currently listed at 155,000 and I wanted to offer 140,000 since it has storm damage and interior damage.  I got quotes from a variety of different companies for the repairs.

Total repair cost $35,000 interior and exterior.

How bad did they fight the air conditioner.  I'm concerned they will try to keep knocking me up on my offer or throw it out all together.

House has been bank owned and on the market for 227 days with one offer that was pulled 2 months ago.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Kelly

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.