Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally I'm done

tag
lsutigers03
Valued Member

Finally I'm done

My original close date was October 15.  Well now almost two months and two banks later I closed on my house today.  I changed banks a month ago because the first bank was dragging their feet and charging way to much in closing costs.  When I switched to a different bank I lowered my closing costs from $6,500 to $4,417 and the builder paid $4,000.  So instead of coming out of pocket $2,500 I only had to pay $417.  I was also able to lower my interest rate from 5.25% to 5%.  I'm so happy that this whole process is over.  I was able to get answers to a lot of questions from people here because when I started I knew nothing about buying a house.  So I wanted to say thank you to the users here this forum was very helpful for me.  Here are some pictures of my new house.

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h142/phate_2006/

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally I'm done

CONGRATULATIONS!  What a ride, isn't it?

I absolutely cannot wait until I can post that same thing. . .looks like another week or two for us, but were moving along!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.