Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally am brave enough to ask

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally am brave enough to ask

I also suggest paying that $140 credit card balance down to zero...and only let a $5 Discover balance post monthly (keep all others at 0).

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 11 of 15
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

i always pay the WF balance to close to $0 every month.

Also I thought that proof that I had just gotten married should be more than enough to show that I could have some gift money in our accounts. We can also use 401 and cash out stocks for down payment so that wouldn't be an issue.

I'm going to look into the installment loan with the CU and come update as soon as I get some more points, pray for me..

Starting score May 2015 500's across the boards
Now - 610 EQ 598 TU 597 EX
Message 12 of 15
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

the reason i recommend paying that $140 balance is because the limit is 300...this is putting you close to 50% utilizatio on that specific card.  FICO not only looks at total utilization, but it also looks at utilzation of each individual card.  By paying the card to 0, it may give you a few points boost.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 13 of 15
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

I'll definitely do that!
Paying it off last month gave me a 6pts boost, even in 6 points here and there I can use the jumps

Message 14 of 15
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

Mini update::

I see people all over saying their mortgages scores are lower than Fico8 so I never bothered to check, also because... Expensive.

But last night I decided that I could see where they were. Both EQ and Ex are above 600's which puts me a little close to mortgage dream than Fico8 does. Yay!!! I'm so so happy but still don't get why they're higher, and I'm ok wit it

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.