Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed - Done deal!!!

tag
TheZealous
Valued Member

Finally closed - Done deal!!!

Hello everyone,

I am happy to share the news with you. I walked out of the title's office with a set of house's key!!! I'd like to say thanks to everyone who have contributed to this forum. Without your expert advices, I wouldn't have own the house today. On 2/20/2009, I started out with a FICO credit score 489. Today, my FICO credit score is 680. I had a lot of colections that occurred from college. Thanks to the information on myFICO forum, I got them cleared off after I paid them. Not only I just bought a house, but I also bought a new car 4 months ago as well.

Word of advice to the people who is trying to buy the house. Pay every collections that you have, keep all the credit cards, car notes, debts monthly payments up-to-date. Be reasonable! (If you can afford to buy the house, the underwritters will see that... Don't try to push it too hard if you can't). Last but not least, keep the hope hight!!!

Thanks so much everyone!

T.

Starting Score: 489
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally closed - Done deal!!!

Congrats! In January my score was 490 and now its 610EQ and 637TU and I have a collection being deleted as well as my credit card utilization coming down to 2% from 40% so by the time October comes I'll be in a house by December. I'm right behind ya!

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 2 of 3
TheZealous
Valued Member

Re: Finally closed - Done deal!!!

Thanks! And good luck to you too! I am taking away the carpet for the master bed room down stair and 3 other bed room up stair. After next week we should be able to move in. Thanks myFico forum once again!.

T.

Starting Score: 489
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.