Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed last week.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally closed last week.

I am so happy it’s over, the process tock nine months. I still remember walking into the bank not even knowing what my credit score was but I knew it was bad (was currently in the rebuilding process, and had two student loans in default), and was expecting the LO to laugh me out of the office. She run my information and said that I was right on the cut off 640, but I am pre-approved. I told her I was not satisfied with that I wanted to make sure. She ran my information through what I believe was automated underwriting and said there were no red flags.

After multiple offers and Chinese drywall, we finally found a home but it was a short sale contract.  While waiting on the banks reply my LO processed all the paper work, and sent very thing to underwriting. After waiting for 3 months, the bank finally approved the sale. My closing date was set for 9/20 but was able to close earlier because my LO was ahead of the game.

I was waiting for the shoe to drop the whole time. It seems I had a harder time finding a house than getting the loan, which was a blessing. While waiting I was able to get the student loans out of default with the information found on the Myfico which upped my score, also interest rates went down. Closed at 4.625% conventional.

THANKS for helping me on my journey Myfico Forum. Now it’s time to start the detox, because during this process I believe I got addicted to Myfico.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally closed last week.

Congrats!!!! I admire you for being able to stick it out with a short sale because I know I definitely can't Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 7
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so happy it’s over the process tock nine months. I still remember walking into the bank not even knowing what my credit score was but I knew it was bad (was currently in the rebuilding process, and had two student loans in default), and was expecting the LO to laugh me out of the office. She run my information and said that I was right on the cut off 640, but I am pre-approved. I told her I was not satisfied with that I wanted to make sure. She ran my information through what I believe was automated underwriting and said there were no red flags.

After multiple offers and Chinese drywall, we finally found a home but it was a short sale contract.  While waiting on the banks reply my LO processed all the paper work, and sent very thing to underwriting. After waiting for 3 months, the bank finally approved the sale. My closing date was set for 9/20 but was able to close earlier because my LO was ahead of the game.

I was waiting for the shoe to drop the whole time. It seems I had a harder time finding a house than getting the loan, which was a blessing. While waiting I was able to get the student loans out of default with the information found on the Myfico which upped my score, also interest rates went down. Closed at 4.625% conventional.

THANKS for helping me on my journey Myfico Forum. Now it’s time to start the detox, because during this process I believe I got addicted to Myfico. free smileys  Too Funny!

Congratulations!! Good for you!  scuba diving in menorca

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!! I admire you for being able to stick it out with a short sale because I know I definitely can't Smiley Tongue

It was really had being in the dark and not hearing anything.  What really helped was there was nothing else at the time in the price range I was looking for, ending up getting  a 6 year old home, 4 2 for $110,000.

Message 4 of 7
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

(I still don't understand why they're called "short sales" when they take so long!)

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 5 of 7
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@luvsandyshores wrote:

Congratulations!

(I still don't understand why they're called "short sales" when they take so long!)

+1 lol

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! You give me hope! I really hope we have a happy ending. So far so good...but I won't breath until the keys are in our hands! Always waiting for something to go terrible wrong....!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.