Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got my closing date!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got my closing date!!

Hi gang,

I just wanted to thank you all for the vast amount of information that you all make possible for each and every one of us on this forum as well as the support you showed me during this incredible journey.  I have finally received my closing date – Oct. 9th.  I am so excited that I could pee my pants.  Lol.    Thanks to you all and I will post again when I finally have the keys in my hot little hands.

Thanks again,

Jordjon

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Finally got my closing date!!

Congrats!  And you might want to look into wearing Depend's until closing Smiley Happy
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well......this has been an emotional journey that almost crashed and burned at the very end.  After getting my clear to close and getting very excited I received a voicemail with the date and time of the closing as well as the finalized mortgage payment amount.  I asked several times throughout my process for updates on the amount including the escrowed taxes and insurance and always received a quote of within $25 of my original quote.  In the voice mail I was informed that my payment had doubled.  They claim that they forgot to add that in.  HUH.......I asked that very question several times and always...always got the answer that it was already included. 

Well you could have pushed me over with a feather.  After doing a lot of crying over the thought of losing my dream home I had an epiphany.  I have worked too hard and long to get this house and I will make it work.  I reworked the budget and cut as many corners as possible and will be able to do it.  Guess I know what my first time homebuyer money is going for.......Backup.  LOL

For those that are interested I went with USDA Direct Loan so my advice to everyone is to get it all in writing and specifically mark those things on the paperwork while your loan officer is sitting explaining things to you and if you don't see that info, make them write it in. 

Thanks for letting me vent.  Not exactly the process that I wanted for my first home buying experince but it will all work out in the end.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my I am so sorry for your  "surprise".  I have no idea how USDA works as I'm going FHA but they don't give you a GFE?  It should have the breakdown there so you won't have to recall from memory what someone said.  That's really strange.

Well I hope all works out for you tomorrow on your close as this is suppose to be a VERY HAPPY occasion not one for any sort of sadness.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey gang,

It's official.  I'm a homeowner.  Things have finally worked out for me and will continue to if it kills me.  lol  Now to just get moved in.  Thanks for all support.

The figures I had for my estimates stated what I was told but they just forgot to tell me what the estimates did not include.  They claim that they misunderstood my questions.  Oh well, alls well that ends well and live and learn.  lol

Message 5 of 7
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

GREAT news! Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing who "they" are?

TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

"They" would be USDA Direct people.  It may have been a misunderstanding but I don't think it was.  Oh well, I got my house and that all that matters.  Signed all the papers this morning and got my keys.  Spent three hours there today pulling down mirrored wall tiles and wall paper.  Have lots more work to do.  LOL
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.