cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally reached my target score but report is still outdated. Should I wait?

tag
_qwerty_
Established Member

Finally reached my target score but report is still outdated. Should I wait?

During last month I paid in full 5 out of 8 CC accounts and already can see the results: (+45 TU) (+30 EX) (waiting for SW alert to see EQ score) which brings my middle score to about 720. But the problem is that my reports still show outdated info (8 accounts with balances instead of 3).

My question is – should I wait roughly a month until my report shows updated information. Or should I not  waste time and just go to the lender and tell him that although my report shows 8 accounts with balances  in fact it is only 3 (1 cc, 1 auto, 1 mort) – and the rest of them I recently paid off (which I can prove)? I heard that there is such thing like fast rescoring. Or should I even bother with rescoring if I already have my middle score around 720 and looking to refinance 30 year fixed. I guess I should be ok even without rescoring but please correct me if I’m wrong. I thought that as long as my middle score between 701 and 759 it does not really matter but maybe I’m missing something important here and every bit of my reports information counts?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Finally reached my target score but report is still outdated. Should I wait?

Over 720 will likely not get any help from a score boost. 

Apply

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.