Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally talked to my LO

tag
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Finally talked to my LO

I have been sending emails weekly asking for status updates and basic questions all with no replies.  We are building and have been scheduled to close late April/early May and last I spoke with her was mid February.  I was literally dialing her phone number about to get a little snippy with her when my phone zinged that I had an email.  Sure enough, it was from her saying we are within 45 days and to call her to discuss locking our rate.  I was so happy to hear that we are within 45 days I totally forgot I was irritated at her Smiley Happy  We are still waiting to hear from the builder on a closing date, but she said that they have us on the board for April and would have already moved us to May if they were not going to complete in April.  YAYYYY!

However, I was a bit disappointed to see that the rate has gone up since we first got a fee estimate Smiley Sad  The estimate from December says 3.75 but we are looking at a 4.125% rate now, on a 30 year conventional with 5% down, FICO score used was 711.  I went ahead and locked it in anyway, I don't want to play games with it and end up with a higher rate.  I was really expecting a 3.xx though Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally talked to my LO

Samething happened to me, I locked into a higher rate too.

Message 2 of 6
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Damn I'm worried about that. We were given an initial rate of 3.375% in late November...by the time we are supposed to close in late June, who knows what it will be. Our mid score was 665 which isn't fantastic...was surprised at the very low rate initially. What determined the rate...does it different from lender to lender?

Message 3 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Well FHA you always get a low rate but it does change from lender to lender. Conventional it is score based so if you want a low rate you better be scoring high

Message 4 of 6
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Same here, mine went up a little bit.  

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 5 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You aren't the first one to bring up 4.125% on a conventional loan on this forum. Someone else said that they were getting that rate too. On the contrary, I went with FHA and my rate is 4.125% but my rate was more income based due to the loan program I went with. But still, it appears that mortgage rates are slowly moving into low 4's. Bummer. Smiley Sad
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.