cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post! Making it Count. Opinions welcomed =)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Post! Making it Count. Opinions welcomed =)

Hey all,

Me and my girlfriend have recently decided to take the next step. This will be here first home, and my 2nd.  Correct me if im wrong but i believe we would qualify for first time home buyers with me as a cosigner?

I am currently trying to build my credit back up now that i have landed a great job two years ago.

My salary is roughly 110k but my current credit median is 650

I have a couple disputes in the works 1. A credit card that has been closed for years and hasnt had any activity since 2009 all of a sudden started reporting a late payment balance of $2 for the last 6 months. Even though I have never recieved a bill and it just recently started being reported late after all these years.

I also have a late payment from Verizon that after switching addresses i never recieved a bill and was under the impression when i canceled service i was up to date with payments. If i was aware i would have paid no questions asked.

I have a loan open on my 2014 chevy silverado that has a balance of 22k still, along with some credit card debt i am paying down that is in the amount of 6k

My Girlfriend only brings in 29k but has a median score of 740

She doesnt have much credit history.

Im curious as to how much trouble we should have getting a decent rate on a loan? What would be my best loan option? Also, am i correct about being able to use her first time home buyer? We are looking in the price range of 230-240k for a home.

Any info or opinions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve H.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: First Post! Making it Count. Opinions welcomed =)

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

Me and my girlfriend have recently decided to take the next step. This will be here first home, and my 2nd.  Correct me if im wrong but i believe we would qualify for first time home buyers with me as a cosigner?

I am currently trying to build my credit back up now that i have landed a great job two years ago.

My salary is roughly 110k but my current credit median is 650

I have a couple disputes in the works 1. A credit card that has been closed for years and hasnt had any activity since 2009 all of a sudden started reporting a late payment balance of $2 for the last 6 months. Even though I have never recieved a bill and it just recently started being reported late after all these years.

I also have a late payment from Verizon that after switching addresses i never recieved a bill and was under the impression when i canceled service i was up to date with payments. If i was aware i would have paid no questions asked.

I have a loan open on my 2014 chevy silverado that has a balance of 22k still, along with some credit card debt i am paying down that is in the amount of 6k

My Girlfriend only brings in 29k but has a median score of 740

She doesnt have much credit history.

Im curious as to how much trouble we should have getting a decent rate on a loan? What would be my best loan option? Also, am i correct about being able to use her first time home buyer? We are looking in the price range of 230-240k for a home.

Any info or opinions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve H.

Only she will qualify for the first time home buyer credit and she can claim it. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Post! Making it Count. Opinions welcomed =)

Yea i just read up a little more. My income wouldnt allow me to cosign for it. So we wont be going that route i guess.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.