Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Texas Homes

tag
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

First Texas Homes

I was considering building a new build with first texas homes. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Has anybody had any experience with them...good or bad. Thanks guys.

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: First Texas Homes

i've heard of them. dont know anything good or bad.

make sure you use a realtor..... builders like for you to come in without one so they can refuse to pay a realtor fee if you try to bring one in later to help with negotiations.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

bump

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yep a realtor is still needed for negotiations and to keep the process moving along with new constructions. Our realtor bought us an additional 4 year warranty at closing and also got us a $500 credit at closing for radon mitigation. I am not familiar with the builder as I live in CO.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 6
av1901
New Visitor

I am about to build a home with First Texas Homes. Has anyone done mortgage with them?

Message 5 of 6
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

@av1901 wrote:

I am about to build a home with First Texas Homes. Has anyone done mortgage with them?

I'm building with them.  I haven't had any complaints.  They pretty much let you do whatever the hell you want to the house as long as it falls within the guidelines for the neighborhood.  I've moved walls, raised ceilings, added space to random closets and rooms, etc etc....I am not using their preferred lender though. 

I have read of people having issues with them....i think out in Forney is one area that gets complaints. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.