Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Buyer or Not??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time Buyer or Not??

My wife co-signed on a small mortgage with her mother; we are in the process of having everything in her mothers name.  I, on the other hand, have never had a home/mortgage. Do we qualify as first time buyers when we go in together looking to get a mortgage??? If that makes sense to you.... 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Time Buyer or Not??

If a mortgage shows up on her credit in the past 3 year it will not count.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, OneMortgageGuy,
I mean from the zero responses i was getting ; i was like i know i ask stupid question, but you don't unless u ask...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what this board is for! I love myfico.com!!!

Bernard06 wrote:
Thanks, OneMortgageGuy,
I mean from the zero responses i was getting ; i was like i know i ask stupid question, but you don't unless u ask...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to contradict onemortgageguy - but it also depends on what program (our affordable housing programs may see it as a homeowner situation, not a firsttime buyer) and these programs and requirements vary from state to state.  FHA would consider her a firsttime if she does not have an FHA loan.  Where it may hurt is if your state offers a discount on certain taxes (transfer in our case in MD) - because she owns a home she wouldn't be eligable.  If she is only a co-signer then it might fly.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.